ROLE: BID MANAGER
The person who is responsible for coordinating the bid and leading the Bid/Proposals Team in the production of persuasive, detailed proposals for tender and pre-qualification submissions.
- Maintaining an understanding of the Group’s Safety Statement
- Being familiar with the Group’s HSQE Management Systems
- Providing technical and non-technical input into pre-qualification submissions which demonstrates the company’s expertise, capability and experience
- Providing input into tender submissions to support the designers and estimators on technical and non-technical aspects of projects being tendered
- Write effective proposal content, which is comprehensive, competitive and meets the client-specific requirements
- Review proposal content received by the wider team, proofreading and editing to ensure a high standard of quality and consistency with the Coffey brand.
- Identify Win themes and ensure clear, consistence use throughout the proposal.
- Managing the submission of all aspects of a tender, ensuring timely delivery of compliant bids
- Identifying the various inputs required within a tender or pre-qualification submission and coordinating input from others, both within and outside the company
- Providing guidance to others in the Proposals Team regarding responses to narrative questions, such as previous experience, technical issues, project organisation structures and HSQE topics
- Managing tender and PQ documentation and record keeping
- Managing and maintaining the systems and libraries associated with the production of bid documentation
- Recording and analysing feedback on submissions and managing initiatives for improvement
- Promoting continual improvement within the Proposals Team
- Recruitment and management of the personnel within the Proposals Team
- Deputy to the Tendering Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction or a relevant discipline
- Over 10 years’ experience working in the Construction/Engineering/Water Industry
- Experienced manager able to lead, motivate and obtain a high level of work from the team
- Previous experience leading or working in a Bid Team
- Able to demonstrate effective Bid Writing skills
- Good technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of the procurement & construction process through relevant experience
- Able to manage priorities and work within fixed deadlines.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with the wider bid team and senior management.
Direct Applications OnlyApply Now