We have an immediate requirement for a BIM Co-ordinator to join our design team. This candidate will be working on and supporting major projects, design, build and operate water and wastewater treatment plant projects as well as general civil engineering projects. The candidate will work closely with Coffey Group design and project delivery teams including Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Process Engineers. The candidate will prepare 3D models using a range of Autodesk products.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good technical knowledge of design for construction. They will be capable of progressing to the role of BIM Manager within 12-24 months of joining the company.
Reporting to the CAD/BIM Lead, the position will be based in our office in Athenry, Galway with occasional requirements to visit sites around Ireland.This role will include but not limited to:
- Complete data-rich Revit MEP models for mechanical and electoral services under the direction of the Senior Engineer.
- Produce detailed P&ID and layout drawings in accordance with CAD standards.
- Coordinate with all other project disciplines and perform clash detection.
- Carry out site surveys, direct and implement laser canning services and update existing building models with point cloud information.
- Create MEP families.
- Assisting in the control of project documentation as per ISO accredited company procedures and BIM protocols.
- Participate in Design meetings as required.
Knowledge and experience:
- Higher Diploma in BIM or another equivalent degree course from a recognised Irish or EU college.
- BRE Certified Individual (AP/PIM/TIM) would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in MEP within a BIM Level 2 environment.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment utilising a CDE for information exchange.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Level 2 BIM including PAS/BS 1192/ISO 19650 standards.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Navisworks/Point cloud integration.
- Take responsibility for delivering good quality engineering designs.
- Experience in the water/wastewater industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and practical knowledge of MEP construction methods.
- Ability to work efficiently, whether on their own or in a team environment.
- Authorised to work in Ireland i.e. valid work permit.