We have an immediate requirement for a Revit / CAD Technician to join our design team. This candidate will be working on major projects, such as, water and wastewater treatment design-build construction projects as well as general civil engineering projects. The candidate will work closely with Coffey Group design and project delivery teams including Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Process Engineers. The candidate will prepare 2D and 3D designs using a range of Autodesk products.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good technical knowledge of design for construction in the water/wastewater industry. Preferably the candidate will have experience in preparing and developing Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation drawings & 3D models for tender and construction stages, including general arrangements drawings and P&IDs.
Reporting to the CAD/BIM Lead, the position will be based in our office in Athenry, Galway with occasional requirements to visit sites around Ireland.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that drawings and designs developed are accurate and are presented to meet all relevant internal, client and industry standards.
- Preparing As Constructed drawings.
- Preparing drawing registers and transmittals.
- Ideally a knowledge of preparing projects to BIM and BS1192/ISO19650.
- Undertaking project administrative duties to meet contract obligations (current drawings issued to client, registers retained).
- Assisting in the control of project documentation as per ISO accredited company procedures and BIM protocols.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of a Certificate in 2D and/or 3D Computer Aided Design or equivalent relevant Mechanical Design experience.
- Proven work experience in the use of Autodesk software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and Revit on commercial projects.
- Strong general IT skills and competent in the use of MS Office.
- Ideally experience in the water/wastewater industry would be a plus.
- Ideally knowledge of BIM and BS1192/ISO19650.
- Ability to work efficiently, whether on their own or in a team environment.
- Authorised to work in Ireland i.e. valid work permit.