We have an immediate requirement for a Revit / CAD Technician to join our design team and develop their skills while working on major water and wastewater treatment design-build construction projects. The candidate will work closely with Coffey Group design and project delivery teams including Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. The candidate will prepare 2D and 3D designs using a range of Autodesk products.
The successful candidate will have technical knowledge of design for construction in the water/wastewater industry. In addition, the candidate will have a proven track record in preparing and developing Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation drawings & 3D models for tender and construction stages, including general arrangements drawings and P&IDs.
Reporting to the CAD/BIM Lead, the position will be based in our office in Athenry, Galway with occasional requirements to visit sites around Ireland.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that drawings and designs developed are accurate and are presented to meet all relevant internal, client and industry standards.
- Preparing As Constructed drawings.
- Preparing drawing registers and transmittals.
- Preparing projects to BIM and BS1192/ISO19650.
- Undertaking project administrative duties to meet contract obligations (current drawings issued to client, registers retained).
- Assisting in the control of project documentation as per ISO accredited company procedures and BIM protocols.
Knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, and a minimum of a Certificate in 2D and/or 3D Computer Aided Design or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience in the use of Autodesk software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and Revit on commerical projects.
- Strong general IT skills and competent in the use of MS Office.
- Experience in the water/wastewater industry.
- Knowledge of BIM and BS1192/ISO19650.
- Ability to work efficiently, whether on their own or in a team environment.
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
- Full Clean Irish Driving License.
- Authorised to work in Ireland ie valid work permit.
Further details on this job and other opportunities with the Coffey Group can be found at coffeygroup.com/careersApply Now