Direct Applicants Only – We do not require assistance from Agencies at this time.
We have an opportunity for an experienced civil engineering professional to be responsible for the production of estimates for a range of civil engineering projects. The role will include management of relationships with our designers and project managers and also client teams and suppliers. You will have several years’ experience working with a main contractor on civil engineering projects, including construction contract management and commercial responsibility for construction projects, and you will have sufficient site experience to provide you with a good basis to determine appropriate methods of work and assess production outputs. Ideally, some of this experience will have been in the water sector.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of civil engineering estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaison with sub-consultants and in-house engineering design teams
- Assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Good knowledge of civil engineering contracts, relevant legislation and standards
- 10 years construction management experience
- Estimating experience in utilities and infrastructure with a recognised Main Contractor
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of planning software and estimating software.
- Full clean Irish/UK/EU Driving Licence
- Authorised to work in Ireland i.e. Currently hold a valid Work Permit or a Stamp 4 visa
Apply using the link provided, or by emailing your CV to HR@coffeygroup.comApply Now