The Coffey Group is seeking to recruit an experienced Commissioning Manager to support Water/Waster projects for the Coffey Group. The successful candidate will manage a team of commissioning personnel working on multiple Water and Wastewater Treatment Projects and Main Pumping Stations Projects. The commissioning manager will oversee the commissioning and start-up activities of the water & wastewater projects and maintain technical standards, supervise commissioning and start-up activities on the project and plan and direct start-up engineering assignments on the project(s) including undertaking the technical responsibility for interpretation, organizing, executing, and co-coordinating these assignments.
- To plan, develop, co-ordinate and direct start-up activities for the water & wastewater project. Provide start-up assistance at the delivery teams.
- To assist with the identification of hand over systems and the establishment of priorities and sequence of completion.
- To review during the construction, phase the status of testing and punch listing to ensure systems are turned over to commissioning and start-up in a smooth, safe and efficient manner.
- To interface with all stakeholders and keep them informed.
- To supervise, co-ordinate and review the work of assigned engineers, scientists and technicians considering staffing needs and schedules to meet completion dates.
- To prepare or direct the preparation of operations manuals and Safety Files.
- To ensure that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- To input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure start-up requirements are incorporated into water & wastewater project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
- To co-ordinate with client representatives to obtain approval on work as it is accomplished.
- To review and approve key start-up methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned waste & wastewater project(s).
- To perform personnel evaluations for personnel supervised and ensure that they receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
- To make contact with project management teams at key points throughout projects to ensure that start-up aspects are considered and progressed to meet programme and quality targets.
- A recognized Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited University
- Solid background and expertise on Waste & Wastewater projects.
- Technical knowledge of start-up operations, maintenance, and/or testing, including the development of commissioning and start-up manuals and associated method statements
- Knowledge of engineering systems and calculations, applications of both engineering and start-up methods, coupled with knowledge of computer applications related to the close out and resolution of engineering problems A broad knowledge of
- industry and regulatory standards and criteria pertinent to start-up, maintenance, operations, or testing.
- Broad progressive work experience to the degree necessary to perform the responsibilities outlined above aligned with commissioning, initial start-up and operation activities or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering or plant operation in industrial, process, or marine facilities.
- Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works) an advantage
- Successful track record in the delivery of complex contracts
- Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team and a proven track record as a manager.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be willing to travel to sites as required.
- Full Clean Irish/European Driving License
- Have valid work permit/authorised to work in Ireland