We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing UK based delivery team on the Severn Trent Framework. The programme includes complex civils and MEICA installations. You will be part of the UK Management Team, assisting developing and implementing the business strategy and helping the business growth.
Contracts Managers will oversee multiple site teams consisting of Project Managers, Site Agents, Construction Managers, Site Engineers, Site Supervisors/Foremen and sub-contractors and take responsibility for the safe, timely execution of multiple projects in accordance with budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
• Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
• Understand the Safety Statement and ensure that it is readily available on each site.
• Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverables to all site team members.
• Plan, manage and deliver all contracts in a performance and fashion that epitomizes the company’s vision, strategy and values.
• Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks throughout the company.
• Communicate with the clients and their representatives (engineers, surveyors, architects, etc.), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
• Develop and maintain departmental plan to implement department strategies, procedures and policies.
• Manage, direct, educate and mentor technical site staff.
• Encourage early project planning with great detail and foresight.
• Integrate and communicate with all other departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all aspect of a project.
• Ensure commercial and contractual compliance with company policies and procedures on all projects.
• Manage, co-ordinate and contribute to design of permanent and temporary works in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
• Ensure all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented and that contract obligations with regards notifications etc. are adhered to.
• Work with the Commercial team to negotiate deals with suppliers and sub-contractors for high value orders.
• Review construction budgets, forecasts to completion and resource requirements.
• Monitor construction productivity and investigate reasons for poor/good performance.
• Provide recommendations and measures for improvement to operating procedures/work methods.
• Identify business opportunities and communicate internally to ensure a proactive approach to new opportunities.
• Develop and maintain client relationships to promote new business.
• Carry out tendering activities as required and collaborate with the tendering & pre-qualifications department.
• Maintain regular contact with current and past clients and be aware of regional trends with a view to identifying new work opportunities.
• Feed information to HQ on current and completed projects as required by company procedures.
• Monitor application of company delegated financial authorities.
• Should have a degree in engineering or equivalent experience to support your competency in the role.
• Knowledge of the NEC contract
• Experience of the Water Industry
• Should maintain a Chartered Engineer Status or be working towards this.
• Should be a member of the relevant Professional Institution.
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience.
Full Clean Drivers UK/Irish/EU Drivers Licence
Direct Applications Only, We do not require any assistance from agencies at this time.Apply Now