We are now hiring a Deputy Operations & Maintenance Manager, based in Athenry, Co. Galway.
Coffey operates and maintains 49 Water Treatment Plants (WTP) and Wastewater Treatment Plants (WwTP) in Ireland, mainly along the west coast of Ireland between Cork & Donegal.
This role requires a candidate with a strong work ethic, proven strong problem-solving skills, capable of working as part of a team and on their own initiative. This role will be required to provide operational day to day management assistance in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of Coffey’s WTPs.
The role will be based primarily in our Athenry head office, working as part of our water/wastewater operations team. Regular travel to all our plants will be required. Reporting to the O& M Manager, to help coordinate and direct all activities relating to water operations on a daily basis. Ensuring that targets are met in accordance with set standards and regulations.
The candidate should have a good understanding of water treatment processes, plant operations and water quality monitoring and testing. The candidate will be required to represent the company, engaging stakeholders and colleagues in a professional manner at all times.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Supporting the O& M Manager in the supervision and management of operational staff at each water treatment plant.
Overall responsibility for process compliance and maintenance management to achieve company and contract defined targets.
Responsible for the commercial management of multiple contracts, reporting to the O&M Manager, as well as the Coffey commercial team.
Responsible for ensuring Coffey O&M representation and input throughout the project, from inception to handover, including the following:
o Development of preferred design option and OPEX impact assessment
o Agreeing and overseeing the handover process
o Agrees scope changes and operational impacts with O&M Manager and Project Manager during delivery of scheme.
Responsible for operational technical and procedural support in the handover of water/wastewater assets for operation from Coffey to IW, GWS, and LA operational management teams.
Review of analytical data with responsibility to identify detrimental conditions or trends.
Procurement and management of equipment and subcontract agreements for the delivery of required works.
Management of process optimisation and minor upgrade works for facilities ensuring operations compliance with coordination and liaison with project, design and Client personnel.
Management of the handover of operational assets to the Client, culminating in the receipt of a Contract Completion Certificate.
Promotion of Coffey through business development with Clients, industry peers, sub-contractors and equipment suppliers.
Flexibility to work in required project locations with regular travel to and from regional offices.
Mentorship of junior project engineers, scientists, technicians and design personnel.
Adhere to all Coffey HSQE plans, policies and procedures.
Liaising with consultants, Irish Water; NFGWS and clients, as required, including outside of normal working hours.
Attend Liaison Monitoring Committee (LMC) meetings.
Researching and preparing Monthly Status Reports (MSR) based on current water quality and operations activities.
Helping to implement changes and improvement works, often to meet the requirements of new legislation or new technological methods.
Develop relationships with supply chain partners (Products/Services).
Regular travel to Coffey O&M sites will be required.
Provide help and inputs with quality and financial inputs into tender submissions.
Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• A relevant degree (level 8 or equivalent) in Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science (or similar field).
• Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience working within Water Services and/or other Utilities.
• Deep technical knowledge of water infrastructure and treatment processes is essential.
• Experience of supervising the production of safe drinking water would be an advantage.
• Experience of dealing with the commercial aspects of water treatment would be an advantage.
• Ability to handle issues on multiple sites and to work well with plant operators and maintenance tradesmen.
• Experience in a customer focused organisation
• Project management experience
• Experience in Water/Wastewater Operations
• Experience in equipment selection, cost and technical analysis.
• Start-up and commissioning experience on Water/Wastewater facilities would be a distinct advantage.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Good oral and written reporting skills
• An understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
Direct Applications Only