Direct Applicants Only – We do not require assistance from agencies at this time.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Design Coordinator role will provide planning, design, and coordination support on Coffey projects and tenders. The Design Coordinator will play an important part in liaising with internal and external design consultant teams, ensuring that designs are controlled and optimised and provide solutions that can be built safely and efficiently.
As part of the design and project teams, the role will carry responsibility for providing support in all areas of design, in the development of practical and efficient technical solutions that will deliver water and wastewater assets for both new facilities and upgraded facilities.
REPORTS TO: The Design Manager
- Management and coordination of the delivery of design works packages, ensuring effective communication and clear assignment of responsibilities, and full compliance with Coffey Group quality control procedures;
- Management of the interfaces between internal (and external) design resources engaged in the delivery of the design works packages;
- Coordination of information between designers and relevant other parties who are likely to be affected by aspects of the design;
- Ensuring the design meets the Employer’s requirements, and that value engineering proposals are appropriately assessed and implemented;
- Ensuring the duties of designers arising under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 are complied with, and that all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain;
- Effective management of the project or tender design programme and budget, reviewing the hours charged against the project or tender, and informing the Design Manager and Project Manager;
- Work with the project site team and coordinate the delivery of robust technical solutions to design issues arising on site;
- Communicate freely to develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- An engineering degree (preferably Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent) to support your
- competency in the role
- 5-10 years of experience, with water/ wastewater industry experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Good communication and people skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, including MS Excel, MS Office and MS Project
- Must possess a full clean Irish/EU drivers licence.
- If a non EU national, must currently hold a valid in date work permit, or stamp 4 visa. No sponsorship available.