Coffey Groups Water and Wastewater team undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout the UK & Ireland. If you are interested in working with a leading main contractor and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, then send us your CV. We are seeking to employ an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer with expertise in the design of potable Water treatment and municipal wastewater treatment systems.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an expert in the field of water treatment and/or wastewater treatment; candidates should possess a strong analytical mindset, with experience in the design of treatment systems preferably to Irish Water and UK industry specifications. The role will be office based with travel as required to live project locations.
The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on own initiative with proven strong problem solving skills. The candidate will be required to provide design leadership for their field of expertise. The candidate’s leadership will extend to mentorship of junior design and project engineers. Candidates should demonstrate a strong commercial acumen providing guidance on project and tender CAPEX and OPEX cost models.
- Working closely with the Engineering Director and other managers to deliver Coffey Group design works across Ireland and the UK for public and private sector clients.
- Perform preliminary and detailed design of water / wastewater treatment plants based on data provided; achieving contract specified goals.
- Research and development of new equipment and process solutions
- Develop relationships with supply chain partners (Products/Services).
- Actively mentoring, training and providing guidance to staff within the engineering team and wider project teams.
- Application of appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
- Developing and adopting standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
- Assisting the commercial/estimating team members in developing CAPEX and OPEX models.
- Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required
- Developing PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams) and P&IDs (Process & instrumentation Drawings)
- Developing hydraulic, energy, mechanical calculations as part of the detailed design.
- Undertaking the role of PSDP, ensuring Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of.
- Effective time management and execution of work within defined timeline and budgetary constraints;
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- +8 years of experience in water / wastewater process design.
- Chartered status a plus.
- Proven track record in delivering technical designs including process, civil, mechanical and electrical/ICA elements.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, mentoring and delegating duties to personnel under your supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
- Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and waste water industry.
- Must have full clean Irish/EU driving licence.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland (No sponsorship available)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Water/Wastewater professional looking for the next step in their career.Apply Now