The Coffey Group are seeking an Engineering Director to lead, direct and manage the Engineering Department, with overall responsibility for Process and MEICA related activities throughout the group. The Engineering Department consists of the group’s design function, research & development, testing & commissioning, operations & maintenance and licencing & sales.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working alongside the Group’s other Directors, the Engineering Director will develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures to ensure an integrated design and build approach throughout the project life cycle. The Engineering Director will also provide a technical, innovative, commercial and delivery focus across all projects ensuring client demands and Coffey Group business objectives are achieved
- Lead Engineering Department implementing plans and policies to achieve overall business objectives,
- Promote best practises in contracts, design and operations activities emphasising health and safety standards, technical competency and commercial management,
- Develop and maintain departmental plan to implement department strategies, procedures and policies,
- Collaborate with delivery managers and all other departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of contracts,
- Promote adherence of HSQE management systems and processes.
- Review and input in to project budgets, forecasts to completion and resource requirements,
- Maintain regular communication with clients and their representatives, including attendance of contract and programme level meetings,
- Identify business opportunities and communicate internally to ensure a proactive approach to new opportunities,
- Develop and maintain client relationships to promote new business,
- Identify and develop opportunities/partnerships/licence agreements with equipment and service providers to expand and/or strengthen the business offering,
- Promote R&D initiatives seeking innovative solutions to current and future market needs,
- Maintain regular contact with current and past clients and be aware of regional trends with a view to identifying new work opportunities,
- Support and direct managers to deliver all contracts, all designs and operations in a performance and fashion that epitomizes the company’s vision, strategy and values,
- Encourage early project planning with detail and foresight,
- Ensure commercial and contractual compliance with company policies and procedures on all projects,
- Support the negotiation of contracts with suppliers and sub-contractors for high value or complex orders.
- Management relationships with key supply chain partners ensure quality, service and commercial terms are maintained.
- Monitor productivity and investigate reasons for poor/good performance,
- Provide recommendations and measures for improvement to operating procedures/work methods,
- Provide information to the Company board on current and completed projects as required by company procedures,
- Undertake tendering and review tendering activities and recommend improvements with the tendering & pre-qualifications department,
- Define clear roles & responsibilities outlining deliverables and company expectations to all team members,
- Manage, direct, educate and mentor staff including the identification of training needs and promotion of lunch and learn events,
- Understand the Safety Statement and direct that it is readily available on each site.
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks throughout the company.
- A relevant degree in Engineering to support your competency in the role.
- Minimum of eight years experience
- Proven ability to operate at Director level.
- Commercially & Contractually aware
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
- Full Clean Irish Driving License
- Authorised to work in Ireland ie valid work permit