Direct Applicants Only
The Coffey Group was established in 1974 and carries out work in a wide range of construction sectors in the UK and Ireland, including water and wastewater, road and bridge construction, substructures, earthworks, railways, and utilities infrastructure. The company employs more than 250 personnel and positively encourages innovation, personal development, and progression within the company.
We currently require a Finance Assistant to work as part of our Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will undertake a range of activities as follows:
• Bank reconciliations, Journal entries, Accruals and Prepayments.
• Intercompany Invoicing
• Fixed Asset and Hire Purchase management, Plant codes setup and additions and disposals.
• Trial Balance reconciliations and supporting documentation
• Support to Coffey Group Accountants.
• VAT Returns for UK and IRL companies
• RCT returns and CIS Returns
• Ensure training documentation is up to date.
• Weekly review of Job and cost code posted costs, booking reclass journals where necessary.
• Assist with Monthly Accounts. Docket and invoice accruals, CVR Subbie accruals, Site General Accruals. Balance Sheet reconciliations, and Preparation of reports.
• Year-end audit – Preparation of schedules, reconciliations and supporting documentation
• Support and cover holidays for other Finance Team members.
• Strong attention to detail
• Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel
• Team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organisation
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated and the ability to manage work within fixed deadlines.
Currently hold a valid work permit or Stamp 4 Visa
Qualification: Finalists or recent qualified Accountant with Professional Accounting body.Apply Now