Direct Applicants Only, we do not require any assistance from agencies at this time.
Coffey are seeking a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join their EICA (Electrical, Instrumentation, Control & Automation) design team. Coffey undertakes a wide range of design, build and operation of water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal, defence forces, pharmaceutical, dairy, food and beverage, and other private industrial markets throughout the UK & Ireland.
If you are interested in working with an innovative and progressive organisation, and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, then send us your CV.
What are we looking for?
The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative. Candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the quality, safety and commercial drivers associated with the electrical design of infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Lead EICA Design Engineer and working closely with closely with other EICA Design Engineers, the Graduate Electrical Design Engineer will assist the preparation of preliminary designs, detailed designs, and the ongoing support of live contracts such as pumping stations and water /wastewater treatments and other process plant projects.
The role will be office based at Coffey Head Office, Moabaun, Athenry, Co. Galway, with an option to work from home subject to agreement with the employer. Travel will be necessary to visit live project locations and to meet customers and clients.
- Developing Lighting Design, Small Power Design, Fire Alarm Design, Security System Design (Layout Drawings, Schematics and Schedules).
- Developing Single Line Drawings and Cable Schedules from the Process & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Developing Cable Calculations and review of subcontractor panel drawings.
- Undertaking site visits to live project locations.
- Develop relationships with supply chain partners (products/services) and customers.
- Application of appropriate software and processes to provide solutions.
- Adopting relevant standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
- Participation in HAZOP’s studies.
- Effective time management and execution of work within defined timelines.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Develop and maintain commercial awareness.
- Undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or a Diploma plus suitable experience.
- 0-5 years of post-graduate experience.
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent oral communication and written reporting skills.
- Good people skills
- Full clean Irish/EU driving licence
- Be authorised to work in Ireland, no sponsorship available
This is an excellent opportunity for Graduate Electrical engineer seeking to progress their career in challenging and innovative environment.Apply Now