Direct Applicants Only – We do not require assistance from agencies at this time.
Coffey are seeking a Graduate Process Engineer to join our Design Team. The successful candidate will be provided with opportunities and training to develop their skills while working on major contracts, including water and wastewater infrastructure projects in areas such public municipal, defense forces, pharmaceutical, dairy, food and beverage, and other private industrial markets throughout the UK & Ireland.
We are seeking a graduate with knowledge and a keen interest in water/wastewater treatment processes possessing a strong analytical mindset.
The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with strong problem-solving skills.
The design work may include tender stage and preliminary designs, detailed designs and the ongoing support of live contracts. Support the Senior Process Engineers and other Engineering team members to ensure client satisfaction.
The role will be office based at Coffey Head Office, Moabaun, Athenry, Co. Galway, with an option to work from home subject to agreement with the Employer. Travel will be necessary to visit live project locations and meet customers and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Senior Process Design Engineer and Lead Designer to deliver Coffey projects.
- Perform preliminary and detailed process design of water/wastewater treatment plants based on data provided; achieving contract specified goals.
- Research and development of new process design solutions.
- Develop relationships with supply chain partners (products/services) and customers.
- Application of appropriate software and processes to provide solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
- Adopting relevant standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
- Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required in conjunction with the CAD/BIM team, mechanical engineers and civil engineers.
- Developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) and control philosophies.
- Developing process mass balance, hydraulic, and energy as part of the detailed design.
- Development and review of site/process assessment reports and detailed design reports.
- Participation in HAZOP’s studies.
- Effective time management and execution of work within defined timelines.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Develop and maintain commercial awareness.
- Keep informed of emerging industry trends in technology.
- Undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Other duties as required and specified by the Senior Management
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Bio-Chemical, Process or Environmental Engineering or Diploma plus suitable experience.
- 0-5 years of post-graduate experience.
- Proven track record in delivering technical designs.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software.
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
- Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- An understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and wastewater industry.
- Good people skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer seeking to progress their career in challenging and innovative environment. This will be a unique chance to be part of and learn from a highly experienced process engineering team.
Apply by clicking on the link or emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now