Coffey Group are currently inviting candidates to apply for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor . This role will assist the Quantity Surveying and Contract Teams with relevant Contract needs in the Kildare / Meath area. You may be required to work from our office in Enfield, Co. Meath.
The Quantity Surveyor is Responsible for:
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments.
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of supplier agreements and sub-contracts on work under the Quantity Surveyor’s control.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
The principal duties of the Quantity Surveyor are to:
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Prepare contract final accounts.
- Ensure that supplier agreements & sub-contracts are placed/ managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- Ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure the company’s interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
- Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise
- Ensuring that Coffey Group HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar) to support your competency in the role.
- Experience working in the Water & Wastewater / Civils / Utilities / Design & Build experience desirable
- Commercially & Contractually aware
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
This permanent position offers a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.Apply Now