The Coffey Group was established in 1974 and carries out work in a wide range of construction sectors in the UK and Ireland, including water and wastewater, road and bridge construction, substructures, earthworks, railways, and utilities infrastructure. The company employs more than 250 personnel and positively encourages innovation, personal development, and progression within the company.
We currently require a Group Payroll Specialist to work as part of our Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will undertake a range of activities as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process Weekly and Monthly payrolls for the group. Ensuring completeness and accuracy of calculations.
• In-depth knowledge of Benefit in Kind (BIK) taxes for both UK & IRL tax jurisdictions, ensuring all supporting calculations are calculated and applied correctly for each
employee where required. Supporting documentation is reviewed and signed off weekly & monthly by the Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
• Prepare payroll reports for Directors and Financial Managers to include Hours analysis. Working with the submission of same to the Project Management (PM) Portal for
commercial team to review.
• To provide monthly to Coffey Accountants, Balance sheet reconciliations for payroll taxes & pensions, nominal accounts across the four Coffey Group companies.
• Filing monthly on time UK HMRC & Irish Revenue payroll taxes
• Filing monthly on time UK & Irish Employer & Employee Pension contributions.
• Yearly filing of UK & Irish payroll taxes where required.
• Liaise with employees in ROI and UK and with Revenue/HMRC as required
• Internal and external Audit assistance.
• Employee Expenses Approval. Reviewing employee expenses for correctness and adherence to the company policy.
• Allocations preparation & management.
• VHI Allocations & process invoices monthly
• Become part of a payroll user group within the industry and Payroll/accounting profession, attending relevant seminars.
• End of year Processing for payroll and software updates.
• Payroll qualification (IPASS, Accounting Technician, Tax Technician)
• Previous payroll processing experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel
• Team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organisation
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated and the ability to manage work within fixed deadlines.