We are hiring a Health & Safety Advisor based in the West
Job Specification/Role Responsibilities:
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Work closely with site management teams and HSQE team in continually improving our Business Management Systems.
- Provide professional support and advice to site management teams and staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Consulting with the site teams and others to identify significant areas of risk, develop and document measures to control and reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- Assist the site management teams in reviewing relevant documentation (direct and subcontractor) prior to commencement on site and as the works progress.
- Compile, coordinate and partake in toolbox talks, inductions and other consultation sessions.
- Carry out site inspections with site teams, identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate learning reviews, produce relevant reports, advise and implement applicable recommendations.
- Assist and collaborate with the clients’ representatives and relevant external bodies (e.g. enforcing agencies) and attend client and external site inspections and audits.
- Produce periodic project contractual HSQE reports as required.
- Experience in HSQE in civil construction.
- 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence.
- No sponsorship available.
- Experience in coordinating the PSCS role.
- Member of IOSH/alternative professional institute.
- Health & Safety training in relevant industry areas.
- Qualification in Environmental Management.
- Instructor in Manual Handling/Abrasive Wheels/Working at Height would be advantageous.
(Direct Applications Only)