ROLE: Health and Safety Officer
Full-time Site Based Health & Safety Officer for the Data Centre Project in Grange Castle.
Job Specification/Role Responsibilities:
The role will require the successful candidate to:
• Work closely with site management teams and HSQE team in continually improving our Business Management Systems.
• Provide professional support and advice to site management teams and staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
• Consulting with the site teams and others to identify significant areas of risk, develop and document measures to control and reduce risks to an acceptable level.
• Assist the site management teams in reviewing relevant documentation (direct and subcontractor) prior to commencement on site and as the works progress.
• Compile, coordinate and partake in toolbox talks, inductions and other consultation sessions.
• Carry out site inspections with site teams, identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing opportunities for improvement.
• Coordinate learning reviews, produce relevant reports, advise and implement applicable recommendations.
• Assist and collaborate with the clients’ representatives and relevant external bodies (e.g. enforcing agencies) and attend client and external site inspections and audits.
• Produce periodic project contractual HSQE reports as required.
• Experience in HSQE in civil construction.
• 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety.
• Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
• Computer literate.
• Full driving licence.
• No sponsorship available.
• Experience in coordinating the PSCS role.
• Member of IOSH/alternative professional institute.
• Health & Safety training in relevant industry areas.
• Qualification in Environmental Management.
• Instructor in Manual Handling/Abrasive Wheels/Working at Height would be advantageous.