Coffey Group have a vacancy for a Leak Detection Supervisor in the Southern region. The Leak Detection Supervisor can expect a wide variety of work as part of the role and must be both flexible with regards travel and night works.
The Applicant is expected to understand and supervise all aspects of leakage detection, correlation, pressure logging and work activities associated with Find & Fix. The applicant should be competent and be able to plan efficient leakage survey works, demonstrate a complete understanding of leakage control measures and understand the operation of DMAs and the water distribution network.
The Applicant will also be required to supervise leak investigations in domestic dwellings and on private property. The applicant should have excellent customer engagement skills and be able to clearly explain and report on findings.
Ideal Candidates are expected to:
- Plan advanced survey work and complete accurate pinpointing, planning and deductive analysis in the detection of complex leaks.
- Have experience in identifying leaks by various means including audio ground microphones, gas tracing, step testing, pressure zero tests & pressure logging.
- Have Health & Safety knowledge and have a duty of care to their crews & anyone affected by the work they do, for example general public / site personnel.
- Have an understanding of the risk / impact of leakage activities our customers, the general public, and road-traffic users and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times.
- Be able to feed into and help prepare risk assessments and method statements with site agents / project managers – selecting the correct methodology for tasks.
- Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of data collection and quality through an online work management system.
- Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with Company and Client policies and procedures.
- Set a high personal example wearing protective clothing and by carrying out works in a safe manner.
- Be familiar with planning and supervising works, cognizant of costs and the implications of variations or change orders.
- Full Clean Irish/EU Drivers Licence.
- Relevant Experience and performance in a similar utility-based role.
- IT skills and computer literate.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customer in a face to face environment.
- Knowledge of Leak Detection Methodologies (i.e. Audio Detection, Gas Tracing, Step Testing, Pressure Zero Tests, etc.)
- Valid Safepass
- CSCS Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Location of Underground Services (LUGS)
- Manual Handling