Direct Applicants Only, we do not require assistance from agencies at the moment.
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with a driven commercial focus to be responsible for the production of estimates in relation to tenders for water and waste water treatment facilities and related pumping stations, pipework and telemetry. The role will include management of relationships with our in-house designers and project managers, and also with client teams, and material and equipment suppliers.
- Preparation of Mechanical & Electrical estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising with engineering design team members and civil works estimators
- Value engineering assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical works, ideally within the water sector, and relevant legislation and standards
- 5+ years previous estimating experience in a utilities, infrastructure or production discipline
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented and have the ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, and ideally some experience of Microsoft Project and an estimating software system.
- Full clean Irish/UK/EU driving licence.
- Authorised to work in Ireland, i.e. currently hold a valid work permit or stamp 4 visa.