Direct Applicants Only
Coffey undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal, defence forces, pharmaceutical, dairy, food and beverage, and other private industrial markets throughout the UK & Ireland.
If you are interested in working with an innovative and progressive organisation and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, then send us your CV.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking experienced candidates with knowledge of water/wastewater treatment processes; candidates should possess a strong analytical mindset, with experience in the design and delivery of treatment systems. Experience in dealing with Private Clients, Irish Water, Group Water Schemes, Local Authorities and UK Water Utilities is desirable. The role will be office based with an option to work from home subject to agreement with the employer. Travel will be necessary to visit live project locations and meet customers and clients.
The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with proven problem-solving skills. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of the quality, safety and commercial drivers associated with the design and delivery of infrastructure projects and will be expected to bring an innovative approach to bespoke projects.
• Working closely with the Senior Mechanical Engineer, the Design Manager, the Innovation Manager, CAD Engineers, and other engineering disciplines to deliver Coffey projects.
• Perform preliminary and detailed design of water / wastewater treatment plants based on data provided; achieving contract specified goals.
• Design of mechanical aspects for Water and Wastewater delivery and collection networks, and associated plant for treatment. Examples of which are pumps, pumping stations, filters, filtration systems, hydraulic design and appropriate valve/pipe selection.
• Research and development of new equipment and process solutions.
• Develop relationships with supply chain partners (Products/Services) and customers.
• Application of appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve project objectives.
• Adopting relevant standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
• Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required.
• Developing PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Process & instrumentation Drawings) and equipment schedules.
• Developing hydraulic, energy, mechanical calculations as part of the detailed design.
• Ensuring Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of.
• Effective time management and execution of work within defined timelines.
• Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
• Develop and maintain commercial awareness.
• Keep informed of emerging industry trends in technology.
• Undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
• Oversee the delivery of related aspects of projects when required.
• Project tracking through commercial reporting, progress updates and programme management.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma plus suitable experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience ideally in water / wastewater process design.
• Proven track record in delivering technical mechanical designs.
• Ability to work on multiple assignments.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
• Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
• Strong understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and wastewater industry.
• Vendor management for 3rd party equipment integration into overall system/plant design
• Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required in conjunction with the CAD team.
• Technical and report writing (Progress, Planning, Tender, Commissioning, Construction Stage)
• Experience in structural steel design and advantage but not essential
• Experience in mechanical machinery design to tolerance an advantage but not essential
• Experience with of structural design using FEA and/or hydraulic design using CFD and advantage but not essential.
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
• Good people skills.
• Full Clean Irish/European driving licence.
• Authorised to work in Ireland i.e. Currently hold a valid work permit or Stamp 4 visa.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer seeking to progress their career in challenging and innovative environment.Apply Now