Mechanical Engineers – Sligo / Leitrim and East of Ireland and Greater Dublin Area. (Ref: CCI1842)
Coffey Group’s undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout Ireland.
If you are interested in working with a leading main contractor and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland, then send us your CV. We are currently wishing to employ project engineers to meet increasing workloads to manage a number of innovative and challenging projects in Ireland covering a diverse portfolio of MEICA and Civil works.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to recruit site based project engineers with varying levels of experience. We would require the candidate to manage Civil/MEICA works elements to meet project requirements on time and within its budget.
Strong technical and organisational skills are essential for this role. The candidate will have a proven track record as a project engineer, coupled with a strong commercial acumen and design knowledge. They will demonstrate integrity, a hard working ethic and be target focused, whilst embracing the challenges and changes within the Industry.
- Leading and taking full responsibility for the delivery for designated elements relating to projects, including design and installation of civil, mechanical, electrical and ICA elements relating to water and wastewater treatment
- Assisting the office based design team with detailed design of multiple projects
- Surveying existing infrastructure and working closely with design engineers to technical and commercial proposals
- Overseeing day to day project activities
- Planning for site shutdowns and major tie in works
- Participating in regular client project related meetings
- Assisting in site setup for construction activities
- Assisting the management in defining the scope descriptions and work packages
- Issuing RFQ’s to vendors and subcontractors making recommendations based on
- cost benefit analysis and other measures.
- Monitoring and controlling site activities related to project installations
- Leading the start-up and commissioning of process systems
- Supporting the qualification process for upgrades or newly installed treatment systems
- Handover of works to internal or external operations personnel.
- Implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures to Coffey Group and client defined standards across all contracts. (PSDP and PSCS)
- Consistently deliver on each project to achieve Coffey Group objectives for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, and profitability)
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
- Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works) an advantage
- Successful track record in the delivery of complex contracts
- Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) and CAD software applications
- Estimating experience an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Water and Wastewater Project Engineer looking for the next step in their career.