Job Title: MEICA Operations Manager
Are you a seasoned and motivated professional with extensive experience in overseeing Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control, and Automation (MEICA) works?
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and dedicated MEICA Operations Manager to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising MEICA operations on multiple sites, ensuring the availability of essential resources to achieve project milestones while maintaining high Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental (HSQE) standards. As the MEICA Operations Manager, you will collaborate closely with the Project Manager and Contracts Manager to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ensure adherence to HSQE Management Systems and processes, promoting a culture of safety and environmental consciousness.
- Familiarize yourself with the Safety Statement and ensure its accessibility on each site.
- Define clear roles, responsibilities, and deliverables for your team members and direct reports.
- Contribute to the planning, management, and execution of contracts, aligning with our company’s vision, strategy, and values.
- Champion and enforce Company Safety Standards, fostering a safety-first culture throughout the organization.
- Lead, direct, educate, and mentor team members, fostering their professional growth.
- Promote early project planning with meticulous attention to detail and forward thinking.
- Facilitate seamless communication and collaboration with all departments to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Participate in the review of construction budgets, forecasts, and resource requirements, offering insights for improvement.
- Monitor construction productivity and identify factors contributing to either poor or excellent performance.
- Provide valuable recommendations and measures to enhance operating procedures and work methods.
- Offer expert advice on the correct construction methodologies during the planning stages, including tendering and delivery.
- Regularly review and optimize working hours, rates, travel, accommodation, and training requirements.
- Provide support and assistance to the HR department as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the Construction Operations Manager to meet project delivery requirements effectively.
- Organize and manage the MEICA Elec, Mech, and Commissioning crews, ensuring optimal team efficiency.
- Assign resources to projects and effectively manage schedules for the crews.
- Forecast resource requirements through active engagement with the project delivery teams.
- Skilfully balance and manage resource requirements to ensure project success.
- Ensure project sites are adequately prepared for crews to maximize efficiency.
- Develop strong and productive relationships with subcontractors to efficiently manage resource demands.
- Foster the professional growth and development of the M&E crews, including appointing apprentices and recruiting qualified tradespersons.
- Strive to maintain a low turnover of staff by creating a supportive and empowering work environment.
- Determine the optimum number of crews and skilfully balance workloads for optimal project efficiency.
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resource management related to the MEICA teams.
- Efficiently manage “projects” to redirect resources promptly in response to changes or material delays.
Technical Support Requirements:
- Act as a critical communication link between crews, the MEICA biased Engineering Team (CM/PM/SA/SE), the Design Co-Ordinator and the design team.
- Influence project delivery by standardizing work practices and protocols across the delivery crews.
- Collaborate with Contracts Managers, Construction Operation Manager, and project leaders to plan and inspect works.
- Dedicate efforts to continuous improvement and standard work practices.
- Engage collaboratively with the Design Co-Ordinator and the Design team to challenge designs from a practical and buildability perspective.
- Collaborate with the Design team and the delivery team to bring standardization to the design process. Push for modular solutions where possible.
- Proven Competency: Relevant experience in MEICA with Trade Qualified or Technician or Engineering background, demonstrating exceptional management skills.
- Extensive Experience: Over 10 years of relevant MEICA experience, including managing technicians, electricians, and ICA / MEICA site workers.
- If you are a dynamic and results-driven individual with the necessary expertise and experience, we invite you to apply for the MEICA Operations Manager position.
Join our team, where excellence, safety, and innovation converge to shape the future of MEICA works across multiple projects.
Apply now and take your career to new heights!
Direct Applications OnlyApply Now