Coffey Group’s Water and Wastewater Division undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout Ireland. If you are interested in working with a leading main contractor and want to work in the Water Industry in Ireland.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Water Operation and Maintenance Technician to oversee a water treatment plant in the Donegal area.
What are we looking for?
The role will be site based in the Donegal region with travel within the locality and to our Galway head office as required, operating a water treatment works as part of our operations team. The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will be required to represent the company by engaging stakeholders and colleagues in a professional manner at all times.
- Process and equipment operation to ensure optimum plant performance and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Manual plant operational duties as required; including assisting with bulk deliveries to, and removals from the plant.
- Calibration and testing of plant equipment, alarms, and instrumentation in accordance with CMMS, Vendor recommendations, and/or contractual requirements.
- Completion of all Planned Maintenance required in accordance with CMMS and recording completion of same with CMMS.
- Timely response to plant/equipment failures with plant repair or replacement as appropriate and recording completion of same with CMMS.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting mechanical, process and electrical problems and application of good working principles.
- Use of remote monitoring tools as appropriate to verify plant condition. Availability for response to plant failures outside normal operation hours in accordance with roster for same, and general availability to assist in remote trouble shooting where appropriate.
- Suggestions to improve plant reliability, operational efficiency in conjunction with line managers.
- Upkeep of treatment facility buildings including cleaning, landscaping including all grassed areas, hedging and hardstanding areas as required.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all work is carried out accurately and with due diligence.
- Ensure Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of.
- Working with operations management team to implement contract and company driven goals.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- We require a FETAC qualified or equivalent water treatment plant operator.
- Previous experience (2-5 years) in water process operations would be a distinct advantage.
- This position requires that you are flexible and available outside of the normal working week to provide/organise immediate attendance to site as required.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative;
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail;
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills;
- Good understanding of PMS and CMMS systems an advantage;
- Effective time management and Communication skills.
- Familiarity with standard water laboratory procedures an advantage
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills
- Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Attention to detail, computer skills (Word & Excel/MS Office Suite)
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water industry
- Must possess a full clean Irish or EU drivers licence
- Company vehicle provided for work use. (Van)
- 21 Days Holidays
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Water/Utilities Operation and Maintenance technician looking for the next step in their career.Apply Now