WE DO NOT REQUIRE ASSISTANCE FROM AGENCIES AT THIS TIME.
Coffey operates and maintains 49 Water Treatment Plants (WTP) and Wastewater Treatment Plants (WwTP) in Ireland, mainly along the west coast of Ireland between Cork & Donegal.
This role requires a candidate with a strong work ethic, good management skills, capable of working as part of a team and on their own initiative. This role will be required to provide leadership & management in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Department of Coffey Group. The O&M Manager will be part of the management team within the Coffey Group.
The role will be based primarily in our Athenry head office, overseeing our water/wastewater operations team. Regular travel to all our plants will be required. Reporting to the Engineering Director, to direct all activities relating to water operations on a daily basis. Ensuring that targets are met in accordance with set standards and regulations.
The candidate should have significant experience of water / wastewater treatment processes, plant operations and water quality monitoring and testing. As well as a sound technical background , the candidate should ideally have experience of the management of contractual and financial aspects of O&M contracts. The candidate will be required to represent the company, engaging stakeholders and colleagues in a professional manner at all times.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervision and management of operational staff at each water treatment plant and the O&M management team.
- Overall responsibility for process compliance and maintenance management to achieve company and contract defined targets.
- Working with the Commercial Department , be responsible for the commercial management of multiple contracts, reporting to the Engineering Director, as well as the Coffey commercial team.
- Ensuring the most efficient use of resources and measuring this against set budgets. Setting annual budgets for the O&M Department and monitoring costs on a quarterly basis.
- Overseeing water testing programmes. Notifying health departments of the implementation of emergency notification procedures pertaining to water quality
- Acting as the representative for legislative/regulatory issues pertaining to water quality at authority- level meetings
- Responsible for ensuring Coffey O&M representation and input throughout any new Design & Build project, from inception to handover.
- Responsible for operational technical and procedural support in the handover of water/wastewater assets for operation from Coffey to IW, GWS, and LA operational management teams.
- Overseeing the procurement and management of equipment and subcontract agreements for the delivery of required works.
- Promotion of Coffey through business development with Clients, industry peers, sub-contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Flexibility to work in required project locations with regular travel to and from regional offices.
- Mentorship of supervisors, project engineers, scientists, technicians and design personnel. Promote continual improvement in staff capabilities and equipment.
- Adherence to all Coffey HSQE plans, policies and procedures.
- Liaising with consultants, Irish Water; NFGWS and clients, as required, including outside of normal working hours.
- Attend Liaison Monitoring Committee (LMC) meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Working with the Commercial Department , help to produce quarterly billing for clients in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring the preparation of Monthly Status Reports (MSR) based on current water quality and operations activities, including a monthly financial dashboard.
- Helping to implement changes and improvement works, often to meet the requirements of new legislation or new technological methods.
- Regular travel to Coffey O&M sites will be required.
- Provide help and inputs with quality and financial inputs into tender submissions.
- Ensuring that HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree (level 8 or equivalent) in Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science (or similar field).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within Water Services and/or other Utilities.
- A member of a relevant Professional Institution.
- Deep technical knowledge of water/wastewater infrastructure is essential.
- Ability to handle issues on multiple sites and to work well with plant operators and maintenance tradesmen.
- Experience in a customer focused organisation
- Project management experience
- Experience in Water/Wastewater Operations
- Experience in equipment selection, cost and technical analysis.
- Start-up and commissioning experience on Water/Wastewater facilities would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Good oral and written reporting skills
- A sound knowledge of commercial aspects of water plant O&M.
- Good experience of implementing quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- No sponsorship, must currently hold a valid work permit or Stamp 4 visa.
- Full clean Irish/UK/EU driving license is required.