We are hiring a Operations & Maintenance Project Manager based in the West Of Ireland.
Be part of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Management team that ensures the treatment of water and wastewater to the required quality standards. Be willing to develop and learn within the role and have the flexibility and competence to manage multiple sites.
Be responsible for managing the delivery of capital works for treatment plant upgrades including all programme, budget and quality aspects. Co-ordinate all upgrade works with te O&M Management team and operators.
Reporting to: The O&M Manager
• Manage plant upgrades and maintenance at the various water/ wastewater treatment plant sites and liaise with supporting M&E teams to complete reactive and proactive maintenance.
• Ensure correct compliance to required EC Directives, contractual and other company standards and procedures including Health & Safety.
• Be available to address emergency situations in the form of assessment, evaluation, immediate remedial actions and permanent fixes.
• Induct and manage outside sub-contractors when carrying out work on capital works at various sites, including the provision of detailed technical process information to strategic partners.
• Engage with suppliers to source, specify and ensure timely and commercially efficient delivery of replacement equipment and other materials. Liaise with Finance Department to raise POs, pay invoices to suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Work with operations team to minimise impact of upgrade works and to manage process commissioning activities.
• Help with the roll out of Coffey Water’s new SCADA system throughout their region.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with O&M Management & Process Operations teams and team members on operating activities and to formulate effective process control.
• Identify commercial and optimisation opportunities and execute commercial responsibilities.
• Develop and issue operational procedures and maintenance plans specific to each site and identify critical spares list.
• Develop and deliver training programmes for operational staff after plant upgrades or optimisation improvements.
• Aid in the development of a structured maintenance and calibration scheduling programme for all the O&M sites.
• Other duties as may arise from time to time.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree/Diploma in Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is preferable but not essential
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Water/ Wastewater Operations
• Ability to lead and support efforts to continually improve business practices and processes to maximize business unit resources and achieve operational excellence as well as setting long range targets.
• Ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner to convey expectations and achieve results.
• Ability to build effective relationships, provide leadership and engage teams to deliver on results
Direct Applications OnlyApply Now