Coffey Groups Water and Wastewater Division undertakes a wide range of design, build and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout the UK & Ireland.
If you are interested in working with a leading main contractor and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, then send us your CV. We are seeking to employ an experienced Wastewater Operation and Laboratory Technician to oversee an industrial wastewater treatment plant in the Cork City area.
What are we looking for?
The role will be site based in Cork City, operating an industrial wastewater treatment works as part of our operations team. The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will be required to represent the company engaging stakeholders and colleagues in a professional manner at all times.
- Process and equipment operation to ensure optimum plant performance and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Routine laboratory testing and data analysis to assess process performance and identify non-compliance causes.
- Calibration and testing of plant equipment, alarms, and instrumentation in accordance with CMMS, Vendor recommendations, and/or contractual requirements.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting mechanical, process and electrical problems and application of good working principles.
- Suggestions to improve plant reliability and operational efficiency in conjunction with line managers.
- Generation of plant maintenance and performance reports.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all work is carried out accurately and with due diligence.
- Ensure Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and adhered to.
- Working with operations management team to implement contract and company driven goals.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree in Environmental Science/Civil Engineering (or similar field) to support your competency in the role.
- Experience working in the Water & Wastewater / Civils / Utilities / Design & Build experience desirable.
- Good understanding of all aspects of industrial waste water treatment processes.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative;
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail.
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good understanding of PMS and CMMS systems an advantage.
- Effective time management and Communication skills.
- Familiarity with standard wastewater laboratory procedures an advantage
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
- Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Attention to detail, computer skills (Word & Excel/MS Office Suite).
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory aspects within the waste water industry.
Great Benefits package