Coffey Water and Wastewater Division undertakes a wide range of design, build, and operate water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal and private industrial market throughout the UK & Ireland.
Coffey require a Wastewater Operation and Maintenance Technician to oversee a bundle of wastewater treatment plant and pumpstations in the Leinster region with regular travel within the locality and to our Athenry head office as required. The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will be required to represent the company engaging stakeholders and colleagues in a professional manner at all times.
• Process and equipment operation to ensure optimum plant performance and compliance with contractual requirements.
• Manual plant operational duties as required, including assisting with bulk deliveries to, and removals from the plant.
• Calibration and testing of plant equipment, alarms, and instrumentation in accordance with CMMS, Vendor recommendations, and/or contractual requirements.
• Completion of all Planned Maintenance required in accordance with CMMS and recording completion of same with CMMS.
• Problem solving and trouble-shooting mechanical, process and electrical problems and application of good working principles.
• Timely response to plant/equipment failures with plant repair or replacement as appropriate and recording completion of same with CMMS.
• Use of remote monitoring tools as appropriate to verify plant condition. Availability for response to plant failures outside normal operation hours in accordance with roster for same, and general availability to assist in remote trouble shooting where appropriate.
• Upkeep of treatment facility buildings including cleaning, landscaping including all grassed areas, hedging and hard standing areas as required.
• Suggestions to improve plant reliability, operational efficiency in conjunction with line managers.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all work is carried out accurately and with due diligence.
• Ensure Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and adhered to.
• Working with operations management team to implement contract and company driven goals.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• FETAC qualified or equivalent wastewater treatment plant operator.
• Previous experience (2-5 years) in wastewater or water process operations would be a distinct advantage.
• This position requires that you are flexible and available outside of the normal working week to provide/organise immediate attendance to site as required.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative.
• Some knowledge of the Irish language would be advantageous.
• Strong technical capability with attention to detail.
• Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Good understanding of PMS and CMMS systems an advantage.
• Effective time management and Communication skills.
• Familiarity with standard wastewater laboratory procedures an advantage
• Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
• Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
• Attention to detail, computer skills (Word & Excel/MS Office Suite).
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory aspects within the wastewater industry.
• Must possess a Full clean Irish/UK/EU Driving Licence
Direct Applications OnlyApply Now