Direct Applicants Only – We do not need assistance from agencies at this time.
The person who sees the planning phase of a particular project through to completion. The tasks associated with the role will include but is not limited to the following:
Liaison with internal (and subcontracted) teams to gather information related to carrying out your own duties. Including the planning team, construction team, design team, commercial team, HSQE team.
Liaison with 3rd parties. Including Local Authorities, Utility Providers, Statutory Authorities (e.g. An Garda Siochana).
Creating Method Statements and Risk Assessments for the works.
Creating Programmes for the Works
Generating Traffic Management Plans for specific projects
Carrying out post construction analysis to assist with future planning
Assisting with creating budgets for the project
Administration of Road Opening License process
- Read and understand the Company’s Safety Statement and ensure that it is brought to the notice of any employee under your control.
- Ensure that you have an overall understanding of the project scope.
- Ensure that information effecting the health and safety of any person on a proposed site is brought to the attention of the Contracts Manager. In particular:
-Ground conditions affecting the stability of excavations or safety or operatives (soil, water table, toxic substances, gases, etc.)
- Report to your Manager any unsafe situation observed.
- Carry out your own work in a safe manner, take precautions when working on or near public roads or water, wear any necessary protective clothing or equipment,
- Ensure that records are maintained of any underground services laid on site and that, wherever possible, these are defined by marker posts and signs during the construction period,
- Ensure that any design calculations/temporary works certificates for bespoke scaffolds, falsework, etc. are independently checked,
- Should the Project Manager/Site Agent be absent for any reason the Site Engineer will assume this temporary role with regard to Health and Safety and Environmental Issues should they arise.
- Need to be familiar with the companies HSQE management systems,
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification,
- Preparing Labour, Plant & Material Returns,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports, site diary,
- Liaising with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Requisition of materials and plant,
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors,
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet programme deadlines,
- Liaising with the Project Manager/planner regarding construction programme, programme constraints etc.,
- Compliance with all safety requirements,
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities,
- Quality control in accordance with company procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans,
- Checking materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements.
- A Masters/degree in engineering or equivalent experience to support your competency in the role. Preferably have studied modules in Water/Waste water
- Minimum of two years experience, preferably supporting Irish Water contracts
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
- Relevant experience via work placements/volunteer placements and performance on similar projects a commitment to carry out the project safely in an environmentally friendly way
- Clean Irish or EU driving licence a must
- No sponsorship available