Direct Applicants Only
Coffey undertakes a wide range of design, build and operation of water and wastewater infrastructure contracts for the public municipal, defence forces, pharmaceutical, dairy, food and beverage, and other private industrial markets throughout the UK & Ireland. If you are interested in working with an innovative and progressive organisation and want to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, then this is the job for you.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking experienced candidates with knowledge of water/wastewater treatment processes; candidates should possess a strong analytical mindset, with experience in the design and delivery of treatment systems. Experience in dealing with Private Clients, Irish Water, Group Water Schemes, Local Authorities and UK Water Utilities is desirable.
The role will require a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on their own initiative with proven problem-solving skills. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of the quality, safety and commercial drivers associated with the design and delivery of infrastructure projects and will be expected to bring an innovative approach to bespoke projects.
The design work may include tender stage and preliminary designs, detailed designs and the ongoing support of live contracts. Support the Senior Process Engineers and other Engineering team members to ensure client satisfaction.
The role will be office based at Coffey Head Office, Athenry, Co. Galway, with an option to work from home subject to agreement with the hiring manager. Travel will be necessary to visit live project locations and meet customers and clients.
• Working closely with the Senior Process Design Engineer and Lead Designer to deliver Coffey projects.
• Perform preliminary and detailed process design of water/wastewater treatment plants based on data provided; achieving contract specified goals.
• Research and development of new process design solutions.
• Develop relationships with supply chain partners (products/services) and customers.
• Application of appropriate software and processes to provide solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
• Adopting relevant standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
• Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required in conjunction with the CAD/BIM team, mechanical engineers and civil engineers.
• Developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) and control philosophies.
• Developing process mass balance, hydraulic, and energy as part of the detailed design.
• Development and review of site/process assessment reports and detailed design reports.
• Occasional travel to project sites to provide expertise during start-up, commissioning and/or for troubleshooting at existing plants
• Participation in HAZOP’s studies.
• Effective time management and execution of work within defined timelines.
• Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
• Develop and maintain commercial awareness.
• Keep informed of emerging industry trends in technology.
• Undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
• Other duties as required and specified by the Senior Management
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Bio-Chemical, Process or Environmental Engineering or Diploma plus suitable experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience ideally in water / wastewater process design.
• Ideally Chartered Engineer status or working towards status.
• Proven track record in delivering technical designs.
• Ability to work on multiple assignments.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.
• Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
• Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
• Strong understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and wastewater industry.
• Good people skills
• Full clean Irish/EU driving licence
• No sponsorship, must be authorised to work in Ireland i.e. hold a valid work permit, or a stamp 4 visa.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer seeking to progress their career in challenging and innovative environment. This will be a unique chance to be part of and learn from a highly experienced process engineering team.
Apply by clicking the link below, or emailing your CV to email@example.comApply Now