We are currently wishing to employ an experienced Project Manager in the Western Region to manage challenging Civils / MIECA projects in the water sector.
We would require the candidate to oversee contracts from pre-commencement through to operational handover, ensuring that work is completed to project requirements on time and within its budget. We would require the successful candidate to play a key role in managing contracts to a successful delivery.
High levels of motivation and resilience, together with strong technical and organisational skills are essential for this role. The candidate will have a proven track record as a project manager coupled with a strong commercial acumen and design knowledge. They will demonstrate integrity, a hard-working ethic and be target focused, whilst embracing the challenges and changes within the Industry. The project manager will play a key role in the support of a team culture within their team and as part of the company.
• To manage and oversee all aspects of DB and DBO contracts for public and private clients, the role includes a wide range of works to develop and maintain company standing as a main contractor in the water and wastewater sector in Ireland.
• Management of a project team including design staff, project staff, sub-contractors and support staff
• Support the senior management in the delivery of contracts objectives to Coffey’s and client goals and objectives
• Responsibility for project management, project control, engineering management, and construction.
• Management and liaison with internal and external design teams in a multi-disciplinary environment, providing commercial and technical guidance. (civil, process, mechanical, electrical, ICA, H&S, BIM)
• Effectively maintain and develop healthy client and stakeholder relationships throughout the project from commencement to project close-out
• Support a team environment that supports Coffey’s core values
• Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues,
• In-depth programme planning and scheduling of project deliverables and the development of resource loaded schedules for design and contract administration services
• Drive and ensure consistent implementation of health, safety, quality and environmental procedures to Coffey Group and client defined standards across all contracts. (PSDP and PSCS)
• Prepare accurate and timely preparation of on-going status reports to our clients and Coffey’s Management
• Consistently deliver on each project to achieve Coffey’s objectives for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, and profitability)
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 8+ years water and wastewater industry contracting experience including site supervision and design
• Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater design and operational processes
• Contract knowledge (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works)
• Successful track record in the delivery of multiple infrastructure contracts
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to manage all aspects of design, build and operate contracts
• Ability to communicate well with clients, subcontractors and in-house staff
• Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
• Preferably a Chartered Engineer but not a necessity
• Competent in use of Microsoft Project programming software
• This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Water and Wastewater Project Manager or highly experienced Project Engineer looking for the next step in their career
DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLYApply Now