These Quantity Surveyor roles will oversee the relevant contract needs and handle daily business issues as delegated by Regional Commercial Lead/Regional Contracts Manager. They will be constantly communicating and negotiating with clients & business associates and be required to utilise their knowledge to verify, monitor and approve commercial agreements and documentation to ensure the successful delivery of Contracts in conjunction with the Regional Directors for each business unit. The roles will be based in the head office in Athenry and the south of Ireland operating out of our office in Rathcormac.
The Quantity Surveyor is Responsible for:
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of supplier agreements and sub-contracts on work under the Quantity Surveyor’s control.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
The principal duties of the Quantity Surveyor are to:
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Prepare contract final accounts.
- Ensure that supplier agreements & sub-contracts are placed/ managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- Ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure the company’s interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
- Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Ensuring that Coffey Group HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar) to support your competency in the role.
- 3 – 5 years experience.
- Experience working in the Water & Wastewater / Civils / Utilities / Design & Build experience desirable
- Commercially & Contractually aware
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
This permanent position offers an excellent remuneration package to the successful candidate.Apply Now