Direct Applicants Only
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support a large infrastructure project (Reservoir) in Citywest, Co. Dublin. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team and have the opportunity to grow their knowledge and experience.
• Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
• Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
• Supporting staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
• Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments
• Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
• Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
• Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
• In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of supplier agreements and sub-contracts on work under the Quantity Surveyor’s control.
• Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
• Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
• Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
• Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
• Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
• Prepare contract final accounts.
• Ensure that supplier agreements & sub-contracts are placed/ managed in accordance with Company procedure.
• Ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
• Ensure the company’s interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
• Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
• Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
• Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
• Ensuring that Coffey Group HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
• A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar) from a UK or Irish University to support your competency in the role.
• Diploma in Construction law would be advantageous.
• 5 – 10 years + relevant experience required.
• Must have experience in supporting large civil infrastructure projects.
• Strong Commercial Focus.
• Experience in Public Works Contracts in Ireland or UK is essential.
• A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
• Full Clean Irish/EU Driving License
• Authorised to work in Ireland ie hold a valid work permit or Stamp 4 visa.
Further details on this job and other opportunities with the Coffey Group can be found at coffeygroup.com/careers.Apply Now