We have an opportunity for an experienced civil engineering professional to be responsible for the production of estimates for a range of civil engineering projects. The role will include management of relationships with our designers and project managers and also client teams and suppliers. You will have several years’ experience working with a main contractor on civil engineering projects, including construction contract management and commercial responsibility for construction projects, and you will have sufficient site experience to provide you with a good basis to determine appropriate methods of work and assess production outputs. Ideally, some of this experience will have been in the water sector.
• Maintaining an understanding of the Group’s Safety Statement
• Ensuring tenders provide for the use of safe methods of work and welfare facilities in accordance with statutory provisions and good practice
• Maintaining knowledge of the various statutory requirements governing the Company’s work
• Being familiar with the Group’s HSQE Management Systems
• Being familiar with the Forms of Contract typically used on the Group’s projects and the implications that any amendments to the forms may have
• Ensuring that tender submission price reviews are undertaken
• Supporting the undertaking of post-tender checks of successful tenders
• Obtaining materials and sub-contract quotations (with support from the Assistant Estimators) and estimating the cost of direct staff, labour and plant
• Providing project-specific input to method statements
• Producing tender programmes
• Assessing risks and opportunities associated with tenders and incorporating them in the tender sum assessment
• Proactively coordinating with other members of the Tendering Department, other Group personnel and external parties in relation to preparation of tenders
• Managing all aspects of a tender submission where assigned the role of Submission Manager, including management of design where required
• Managing the work of the assigned Assistant Estimators.
• A degree in a relevant construction discipline or equivalent experience
• Over 10 years’ experience working in the Construction Industry.
• Understanding of the commercial aspects of construction contracts through relevant construction experience and performance on similar
• Able to manage work within fixed deadlines
Direct Applications OnlyApply Now