Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We are a leading specialist environmental Water Utilities contractor. We specialise in municipal and industrial Water & Wastewater treatment design, construction & operation and mechanical and electrical installation, upgrade and maintenance services. We provide clients with a one stop shop & service from design and construction through to commissioning, operation and specialist maintenance services. We are looking for an experienced design Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Athenry Head Office.
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual and have 10 years’ experience in the water industry with a reputable consultant or contractor. This is an important technical position and the candidate should be able to perform engineering and design work with minimal supervision/direction from more senior engineers and department management.
He/She will support the tendering, design and engineering/construction activities to meet all client specifications and requirements.
• Working closely with the Design Manager and Lead Designer to deliver Coffey Group MEICA design works, for public and private sector clients.
• Perform preliminary and detailed MEICA design based on data provided; achieving contract specified goals.
• Research and development of new MEICA design solutions.
• Develop relationships with supply chain partners (Products/Services).
• Actively mentoring and providing guidance to junior MEICA design staff and direct reports within the design team.
• Delivery of mechanical engineering designs to agreed budgets and timescales
• Production, checking and reviewing of MEICA technical specifications and schedules
• Production of project deliverables in accordance with the requirements laid down by the client
• Produce mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation
• Liaise with Projects, Proposals and other internal clients and deal efficiently and effectively with any technical queries
• Liaising with the clients to reach best understanding and design requirements
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure quality design & delivery
• Application of appropriate software and processes to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
• Assisting the development and adoption standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
• Assisting the commercial/estimating team members in developing CAPEX and OPEX models.
• Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required in conjunction with the CAD team.
• Developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) and control philosophies.
• Developing process mass balance, hydraulic, energy and mechanical calculations as part of the detailed design.
• Development and review of site/process assessment reports and detailed MEICA design reports.
• Participation in HAZOP’s studies.
• Preparation of value engineering proposals for tenders and detailed MEICA designs.
• Ensuring Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of in design.
• Effective time management and execution of work within defined timeline and budgetary constraints.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Engineering degree (preferably Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent) to support your technical competency in the role.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in MEICA design, ideally within water/ wastewater industry
• Chartered status or working towards status.
• Proven track record in delivering technical designs including civil, mechanical and electrical/ICA elements.
• Ability to work on multiple assignments, mentoring and delegating duties to personnel under your supervision.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.
• Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
• Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
• Strong understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and wastewater industry.
• Full Clean Irish Driving License.
• Must be authorised to work in Ireland i.e. valid work permit.Apply Now