Senior Quantity Surveyor
Direct Applicants Only, we do not need assistance from agencies at this time.
The purpose of this permanent role is to support a large roads project with a value in excess of €10 million. The Roads projects is expected to last in the region of 18 months.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support a Road project in NewtownmountKennedy in Co. Wicklow. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team and have the opportunity to grow their knowledge and experience. Location is hybrid (must be based in Ireland), and ideally be able to be on site three days per week.
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, placing of supplier agreements and sub-contracts on work under the Quantity Surveyor’s control.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives.
- Prepare contract final accounts.
- Ensure that supplier agreements & sub-contracts are placed/ managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- Ensure that all instructions received from client’s representatives are acted upon and all contract obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure the company’s interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims.
- Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Ensuring that Coffey Group HSQE Management Systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained.
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar) from a UK or Irish University to support your competency in the role.
- Diploma in Construction law would be advantageous.
- 5 – 10 years + relevant experience required.
- Must have experience in supporting large civil infrastructure projects.
- Strong Commercial Focus.
- Experience in Public Works Contracts in Ireland or UK is essential.
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
- Full Clean Irish/EU Driving License
- Authorised to work in Ireland ie hold a valid work permit or Stamp 4 visa.