The scheme provides for the construction of approximately 14km of watermain, the construction of a new water reservoir and the construction of a chlorine dosing building.
The works was undertaken under two Contracts as follows:
- The construction of approximately 7,820m of 300mm diameter supply main in the Main N6 national primary route, including permanent reinstatement.
- The construction of approximately 3,055m of 300mm diameter distribution Main.
- The construction of approximately 2,115m of 250mm diameter distribution main
- The construction of approximately 380m of 150mm distribution main in the town of Craughwell including the permanent reinstatement.
- The construction of a precast concrete 1000m3 capacity reservoir at Seefin.
- The construction of a chlorine dosing building including associated mechanical and electrical works.
- Pipe bridging over existing surface water culverts.
- Connection to existing water tower in the town of Craughwell.
- Replacement of 420m of existing distribution mains in Craughwell, including the permanent reinstatement.
- Construction of 755m of 225mm diameter foul sewer in Craughwell, including the permanent reinstatement.
- The control of traffic and pedestrians, and the management of ground water in excavations.
All External ductile iron and PVC pipework around the site, including several tie ins. The diversion and re routing of the existing water mains into the new plant and around the site including ties in with the existing mains and trenching and ducting for HV and LV cabling
New concrete access road and associated drainage, new car parking and materials delivery facilities were constructed and all aspects of hard and soft landscaping was carried out around the site.