The Contract involves the laying of approximately 20km of water main in the Lucan/Palmerstown area. The pipelines will be laid in fields and road and crossings of railway, canal and motorway will be required. The Contract includes all necessary fittings, valves and ancillary works as specified. The Contract includes temporary and permanent reinstatement to all surfaces affected by the pipelaying.
Laying of 8520m of 700mm dia water main infield and public roads. Laying of 1890m of 600mm and 700mm dia water mains in fields in common trench. Laying of 3100m of 600mm dia water mains infield and public roads. Laying of 1500m of 450mm dia water mains infield and public roads. Laying of 4100m of 300mm dia water mains infield and public roads. Laying of 690m of 250mm dia. water mains infield and public roads. Laying of 700m of 100mm and 150mm dia. water mains infield and public roads.
The crossing of Grand Canal – 600mm and 700mm dia. twin water mains, Crossing of Railway – 600mm and 700mm dia. twin water mains – No dig method and Crossing of M4 Motorway – 700mm diameter water main, open cut within a pedestrian underpass.
All valves, fittings, chambers connections and ancillary works associated with the above including permanent and temporary reinstatement.
The contract consists of the civil engineering works for a 40 Megalitre reinforced concrete potable water service reservoir and ancillary works at Peamount, Nangor Road, Dublin.
- Reinforced concrete enclosed reservoir approximately 120 x 71 metres in plan with central dividing wall creating two cells. The reservoir net total water capacity is 40,000m3.
- Reinforced concrete valve house and control room to house associated valves, pipework, flooring, electrical control equipment and telemetry.
- Dismantling of existing and construction of temporary Peamount Hospital firefighting water storage lagoon. Conversion of temporary Peamount Hospital firefighting water storage lagoon to permanent reservoir overflow attenuation lagoon.Two surface water runoff attenuation lagoons.
- Associated inlet and outlet connection pipework to connect with the pumping main and distribution trunk mains contracts.
- Bitmac access road approximately 1850m long, 4m wide and paved areas, fencing and ancillary site work.